Friday, April 13, 2012

Amazing People

I have met some amazing women since I have been here in SoCa. Women whose lives have been forever changed by drugs. Jodi Barber is one of those women. I met her the first time I went to see Overtaken. She is truly an amazing woman. She lost her sweet son Jarrod 2 years ago at the age of 19 and she has been on a mission to educate parents, teachers, principles, and young people about the dangers of prescription pills ever since. She is truly an inspiration. Check out her website. www.onechoicecandestroy.com



I met Sherrie Rubin and her son Aaron that night as well. Sherrie and Aaron give presentations about the dangers of prescription drugs.See the video above about their families journey. Sherri and Aaron recently visited one of my classes at Saddleback college. 


 Sherrie's website:  www.Hope2gether.org
The mission of H.O.P.E. is to provide public education and awareness of the rising abuse of prescription drugs, namely the drugs OxyContin, Oxycodine, and Vicodin and the connection these drugs have with Heroin abuse.




No comments:

Post a Comment